The Bottom Line
- "The Simpsons" at the apex of taking me down to Funnytown.
- Packed with geek-asm DVD extras.
- Artistic packaging.
- Martin's cartoon ass.
- I'd like to see the voice actors doing a recording sometime.
- 25 episodes. Deleted scenes. Featurettes. Commercials.
- 4 discs.
- Commentary on every episode by Matt Groening, David Mirkin, Mike Scully, and cast.
- The television special "Springfield's Most Wanted."
- Clip # 1 "Amateur"
- Clip # 2 "Arnie, Sly and Bruce"
- Clip # 3 "Fabulous Halloween"
- Clip # 4 "Flat Space"
- Clip # 5 - "Franz's Opinion"
Guide Review - "The Simpsons" The Complete Sixth Season DVD
How about season six? "My cat's breath smells like cat food." Thank you, Ralph, for encompassing everything I love about life in one sentence. All hail the bent wookie for taking us to such a magical place! How about Homer, sugar baron, pulling the English dandy out of the sugar pile right after he nicked some for tea? Yes! That's just the first two episodes. Not a clunker in the lot.
As always, these are most entertaining commentaries in the business. You know why? It's the same reason "The Simpsons" has been one of the best things TV ever produced. Because the creators love it. In their sometimes pointless blathering, somehow we learn a lot. And Matt Groening, you're not as prickly as "Life in Hell" would have me believe.
The DVD packaging, although a bit weird, is a proud display.
Run, don't walk, Ladies and Gentlemen. This is addictive entertainment. Don't have enough money? Time to load up the credit card debt. Get thee to a Simpsonery.