The Bottom Line
- You can get Bart’s head on the collector edition.
- Extras, extras! See all about it!
- Standout single episodes.
- Extras lack variety.
- Season as a whole can be lackluster.
- 23 episodes.
- Guest stars include Elton John, Ron Howard, Dolly Parton, John Madden, Troy Aikman and Luke Skywalker himself, Mark Hamill.
- Audio commentaries on every episode with Matt Groening, deleted scenes with commentary, deleted scenes and more.
Guide Review - The Simpsons -The Complete Tenth Season DVD
After ten long years we find the Simpson family celebrating their aluminum anniversary. Don't ask me what I got them I wasn’t invited. But I can tell you what they gave me was a reason to tune into Fox on Sunday nights.
Some of the finer episodes include "Viva Ned Flanders," in which Homer and Ned wind up with a matching set of Vegas wives.
We also find the awesomely funny episode "D'Oh-in' the Wind," where Homer, on a search for his true identity, winds up in a not so free-loving commune in search of his past. There's some excellent montage scenes where Springfield's finest find themselves accidentally dosed by drinking the commune's special juice. The two juice-making hippies are voiced by the excellent George Carlin and the always welcome Martin Mull.
One of the most unforgettable episodes has to be "Homer to the Max." Homer is forced to change his name due to a conspiracy by Hollywood that causes his name to go from the marquee to the gutter, causing his impromptu metamorphisis into Max Powers.
The Simpsons tenth season is the last year comic genius Phil Hartman voiced Troy McClure. That alone is reason enough to buy this DVD.
As usual there are tons of commentary by the directors and the cast, which are pretty freakin' funny. We also get the usual animatics and storyboards, which are good for one viewing or so.